Regardless how one might construe the atmospheric physics of CO2, a few critical facts remain, and the subject is academic:
(1) There is a statistically significant correlation between temperature and CO2 emissions and these data are robust.
(2) The current trend of increasing CO2 is a consequence (an effect) of warming, not the cause of warming.
(3) The 300% increase in CO2 emissions from fossil fuels since 2000 is so small relative to the overall net natural CO2 increasing trend that it is undetectable, and
(4) since human-produced CO2 is not affecting the overall net rate of CO2 increase, then by logical inference human-produced CO2 cannot be significantly affecting temperature, and
(5) these data are statistically robust.
(6) Warmer oceans desorb CO2 into air and colder water absorbs CO2 into the water.
(7) There is about 50 times more CO2 in the oceans than in the atmosphere, and the oceans are an infinite sink for CO2, such that the oceans can never become acidic due to CO2. There is not enough carbon on earth to make the pH of the oceans less than 7, or acidic.
(8) Except for limited runs done of the Russian climate model, the other 100+ climate models fail to validate, that is the models fail to predict known temperatures,
(9) The Russian climate model predicts cooling, not warming.
(10) The hypothesis of human-caused global warming due to CO2 is falsified.
(11) The only pathway for carbon to enter the food chain that sustains life on this planet is via atmospheric CO2 absorption by plants.
(12) Since atmospheric CO2 concentration is not far above paleo historic lows, efforts to limit CO2 emissions are by definition self-destructive.
(13) Far more people die from cold than from warmth.
(14) According to satellite studies the planet is getting greener as CO2 concentration increases.
(15) The predicted sensitivity of climate to increasing CO2 which is found in many years of peer-reviewed science publication has been declining.
(16) Despite the large and continuing increase in total atmospheric CO2 concentration, of which 99.9% is non-human, no statistically significant increase is detected in the rate of change of sea level increase. This is contrary to AGW theory and UN IPCC predictions.
(17) Despite the large and continuing increase in total atmospheric CO2 concentration, of which 99.9% is non-human, no “tropical hotspot” is detectable, contrary to AGW theory and UN IPCC prediction.
(16) Earth is reliably predicted to have recently entered a cooling trend.
(17) CO2 trend and temperature trend are diverging, contrary to AGW theory.
- Professor Salby:
- Professor Munshi:
- Professor Valentina V. Zharkova: